Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Twenty from my Thirties

 Lists are fun, so here is one I came up with after my 40th.

TWENTY THINGS I LEARNED IN MY THIRTIES

-Alcohol isn't for everyone. 
-My parents were right…about pretty much everything.
-Not all people who believe in God are good.
-Acting, as a career, is 80 percent luck, and 20 percent hard work (this one I figured out too late, after I had anymore energy to care, and well past my prime (in actress years, that is))
-Not all handsome men are assholes (Luckily, I didn’t miss the boat on this one. I married the one that taught me this, which is better than an Oscar. Trophy’s don’t kiss you back).
-Roller Blades are not popular anymore.
-Sun worshipping does cause wrinkles. (wah, wah).
-Home owning is expensive. Furthermore, life is expensive.
-Becoming a parent is not all kisses and bedtime stories, but character building and soul enriching, none-the-less.
-Health is not something to be taken for granted (ie. Midnight pizza slices and huge intakes of sugar will not keep me around long enough to see my grandkids)
-Yoga heals, rebalances, and replenishes my soul.
-Prayer works.
-One outfit from Anthroplogie is better than ten from Forever 21 (exceptions to the rule being Old Navy pj's and other disposable items).
-Breast-feeding is not as easy as many mothers make it seem.
-As noted in last post, all babies are not created equal.
-Regrets are futile.
-Patience is a work in progress.
-I have nothing to prove. God loves me the way I am.
-You get what you give.
And last, but definitely not least, to steal a line from the late great John Lennon, love is all you need!


No comments: